June 22, 2012
Would you like to get your hands on one of the very first printed copies of Thirst – before it even hits the bookshops?
There are three signed copies of Thirst to be won, and all you have to do is complete this sentence:
I am thirsty for this thriller because …
I will then judge the best three entries and contact you through the email address you used when you placed your entry.
The names of the competition winners (only) will also be announced on my Facebook http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk=basic&success=1#!/LALarkinAuthor and Twitter pages https://twitter.com/#!/lalarkinauthor
The closing date for entries is mid-day, 14th July 2012 and the winners will be announced at mid-day on 15th July 2012.
Go to Read More & Comment (below) to post your entry … Good luck!
If you are entering this competition from outside Australia and win, please note that postage could take a number of weeks.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
L.A. LARKIN (“PROMOTER”) “ADVANCE COPY OF THIRST” PROMOTION
How to Enter
To be eligible to enter, individuals must go to https://lalarkin.com/blog
and comment on the blog post entitled, WIN AN ADVANCE COPY OF THIRST, by completing the following sentence:
I am thirsty for this thriller because …
Entries will be accepted from 12:00 pm 22nd of June 2012. Entries will close at 12:00 pm, 14th July 2012 and the winners will be announced at 12:00 pm on 15th July 2012.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and the Author L.A. Larkin and any other organisations associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. Entry is only open to individuals over 18 years of age.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
7. Promotion commences 12:00 pm 22nd of June 2012. Entries will close at 12:00 pm, 14th July 2012 and the winners will be announced at 12:00 pm on 15th July 2012.
8. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the creative merit of the entry.
9. Winner will be notified by direct email. In addition, their names (only) will be announced on L.A. Larkin’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winning entry will be awarded in the following manner:
o The three Winners (defined as the persons who have submitted the entries judged to be the winning entries), will win a signed copy of “Thirst” (RRP AUD$29.99).
12. Terms and conditions of the prize for the best entry:
o The Prize/s will be sent via post to the postal address nominated by the winner.
o The Prize/s may be redeemed by the Winner only. No relative, partner or friend of a Winner may claim any part of a Prize/s, nor may the Winner transfer any part of a Prize/s to any other person.
o The Prize/s is not redeemable for cash.
13. If for any reason the winner/s do not redeem an element of the prize/s at the time
stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
14. If the prize/s is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves
the right to substitute the prize/s.
15. Prize/s, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and
cannot be taken as cash.
16. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each entrant licences the Promoter to use their entry in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing
or publicity purposes. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).